Wednesday 15 January 2014

Crowning Glory


During my recent visit to the U.S i found out a lot of people were rocking their natural hair....which is the latest trend in afros, dreadlocks and all kinds of short hair styles...and after a while of dreading the cut, i finally gave in and joined the bandwagon, considering the fact that #conditionmakecrayfishbend# fixing a weave or braiding your hair in the U.S, could cost you from $100 and above for some rubbish fixing or braiding....i also have friends around that rock the natural look so it was a not so difficult switch.
I still love my weaves and braids....definitely having some done when i get back...but for now I'm loving and learning how to rock our handrail hair and what's underneath....also got some styles that is easy to pull.
First of all I'm sure everyone knows the basic...wash your hair twice a week or three times if you're like me that goes to the gym often, with the right shampoo according to your hair type, always read the labels {i hear they're some fake shampoos around, i'll do my research and let you all know on the next productfakers}...always use a conditioner and also a deep conditioner every other week...a leave in conditioner is good for coarse hair, i never use that coz i have fine hair...it'll make it go limp....style naturally avoiding too much hot combs, curlers, straighteners etc
The dreaded part for me is trimming...it's absolutely necessary, to avoid split ends...you could colour your hair to get a different look sometimes, i colour mine in chestnut or blonde, when i want to appear fierce...lol...but always take breaks and use the right products.
Foooodddd #widegrin# i love food....eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, drink loads of water, especially if you exercise and don't forget your supplements, look out for vit c, iron, zinc, omega 3 fatty acids and biotin...i also recommend natural oils like shea butter, coconut oil, argan oil, lavender oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and castor oil....peppermint oil is very good for dandruff....these oils can be mixed up and used......you'll start seeing the results from about 6-7 weeks, be patient, consistency is the key.
There are so many really good products that I'm using currently and loving the way my hair feels....Carol's daughter range of products and sulphur 8 on those itchy days. In Naija we have Caretimes, Gentle touch and Dr Miracle, which I have used and are also very good. You all should see my hair now, it's amazing!!!
My next topic on hair will be on weaves like the brazillian, peruvian, indian, mongolian, etc ....lol..{we need a naija one soon oh!}how to spot an original and a faker.....in the meantime lets all enjoy our Crowning Glory......Ciao

4 comments:

  1. Nice hair style loving it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also rocking ma natural fro.. Tired of all the harsh chemicals.. I wear a wig sometimes for a different look... Love the tips.. Our hair will be called "Nigran hair".. Loooool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use to hv a very fine nd silky hair buh recently I found out dat am hair breaks nd I do hv a lot of dandruff. Pls PJ wat do I use to stop dis? I love my natural hair alot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hair breakage could be due to so many things.....pregnancy, hormones, stress, etc......send me an email on productjunkii@gmail.com.....include your bbpin, let's discuss...

      Delete