Thursday 16 January 2014

Top Beauty Procedures

Beauty Procedures to try out at least once in your life time

Having and maintaining beautiful skin is no small feat....i say this because the list of beauty procedures i'm going to list out now, i've done all except one #coversface# the money i spend on Skincare could have easily gotten me a mansion in Ikoyi...lol....but really, i think every woman should try out some of these beauty procedures at least once.....because as we age our skin sheds cells more slowly...we have more dead cells on the surface of our skin resulting in that dull dehydrated look....we need to have some procedures done to help encourage cell turnover.....some of these procedures i will never do again but at least i've tried and i can  give my review on it.....
Microdermabrasion...i've had this treatment about a zillion times now, it's actually a very deep exfoliation that removes the uppermost layer of dead skin cells from the face, chest and hands....many spas offer this treatment, It's actually a treatment that i book for when i want to test out a new spa...and i've finally settled for my fav therapist for this treatment, anywhere she goes i follow...lol... she starts off by removing my make up with a gentle cleanser, then she uses the microdermabrasion machine to blast my skin, it feels like air being blasted...very cool air with a small powerful vacuum continuously, in upward movements across my face and neck to smooth and remove dead cells....she finishes off with a serum and a glorious head massage...the results are immediate, my skin feels smooth and is glowing  and it gets even better everyday for about 2weeks when another session is needed.... about 6 treatments are needed in a 2 week interval to see a major difference..... 

Laser Skin Resurfacing removes skin layer by layer with precision...the new skin cells that form during healing gives the skin a tighter, younger looking surface....for me this is the best treatment i've ever had and i had it in a spa in Lagos....the physician cleansed my face and covered my eyes to protect it from the intense light...so i really didn't see much, but i could feel the machine going across my skin several times....didn't feel any pain or discomfort...i could have easily fallen asleep....the only downside for me is the price....too expensive...but the results were fantastic, very even skin tone, invisible pores, firm.... i looked like i just got back from a spa retreat....too fresh #widegrin#.....
Chemical Peel...i had my first and only chemical peel in a dermatologist office in Dubai....damn i still remember the feeling, the doctor's assistant cleansed my face with a gentle face wash and patted it down with toner....the doctor applied some clear paste like substance on my face with a wide brush and told me to let him know when i start to feel any stinging.... i told him not to worry i have a high threshold for pain....and then it started, first a little tingling in about 10min and in 15mins it felt like my face was on fire....i wanted it off...his assistant held a fan up to my face to calm it down coz the doctor insisted i stay for at least 20mins...the burning feeling was so intense i thot of running out of that room..... and I also thot that for sure my face would be all burnt out when the peel was washed off....finally his assistant cleansed it off but that didn't help, i had to go to the sink to wash my face properly with some water and face wash...phew...looking in the mirror i expected to be all red and burnt, but i wasn't at all...finally he applied some sunscreen and advised i  don't go under the sun for two days...i experienced some peeling for about 2 days and noticed how smooth and soft my face got...he recommended the chemical peel coz i had terrible acne at that time, the results were fantastic...my acne dried up and spots all disappeared and i promised myself never to let acne take over my face again so i wouldn't ever have to do this treatment again....
Filler Injections...also called Dermal fillers are injected to fill the deep lines between your brows and the lines from your nose to your mouth {nasolabial folds}....it is pure hyaluronic acid which is a natural substance that is normally produced by the body....it's what gives skin it's fullness and volume....and yes i've had this treatment #coversface#....i had it when i lost so much weight and my face had that gaunt look with my smile lines looking too deep...it's also called nasolabial folds....so a physician suggested i could get dermal fillers to cover it and it actually worked....it was a very simple procedure... the physician put on some numbing cream around the area and i waited for about 10mins for the area to go numb so i don't feel the pain....and  he injected the fillers in...he put in the same quantity on both sides so they  are even....he advised i come back and repeat after 6months.....don't think i need to for now though coz i'm better now at taking care of my weight and skin....it's mostly a fluctuation in weight that causes that.....

Botox.....this is one i haven't tried yet but i know i will....not anytime soon though....it is injected to temporarily paralyse muscle activity....they work by blocking the nerves that contract muscles, softening the appearance of wrinkles.....

Let me also include some other beauty procedures that I think are just a waste of time and money.
Vampire Facial
Laser Liposuction
The stem cell face lift

We could also fight the signs of aging by always applying sun protection, not smoking, pampering our hands...always have a hand cream in your handbag....eat salmon for smooth skin, exfoliate at least twice a week, wear sunglasses, use retinol, whiten your teeth, drink lots of water and always exercise....incorporate these gradually into your lifestyle and it will become part of you.....Ciao

6 comments:

  1. Hmm..what can I say? I've haven't done any of all mentioned above *coversface* will try out one soon. But PJunckii, these treatments + 9ja sun, how we go manage? #justwondering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always use sun protection....nothing less than spf 30 and it's better to book the treatments in the evening, so you don't have to get in the sun afterwards....let me know how it goes #smiles#

      Delete
  2. I've had just 2 procedures on this list and it was quite good,I don't know why I stopped, will start again,thanks for reminding me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pls you should have mentioned the spa in Lag you had the laser procedure,I want to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am going to try out the microdermabrasion

    ReplyDelete
  5. beauty ain't cheap u know

    ReplyDelete