Sunday 12 January 2014

Spot the difference

I am going to start with some of my fav products and how the counterfeit market is getting in the way of my feelings for these products. You will be surprised by the difference between the counterfeit and authentic ones. The counterfeit is very close in price and sometimes even more expensive than the original one. Check the difference between a fake and an original of St. Ives Exfoliating body wash.

Original St. Ives exfoliating body wash
Notice the back of the original, the text is clear and also stated not tested on animals and it's made in the U.S. 

Now i present to you the fake one....the fake one says New Natural Exfoliant and Purifying Sea Salt....while on the original is written Hypoallergenic and Exfoliating.
fake St. Ives exfoliating body wash
The consistency of the original is very thick and grainy while the fake is watery. The fake one also has a vs.untreated skin on the text at the back which does not make any sense at all, watch out for all these before you buy, like i mentioned on my last post....even the big supermarkets, beauty-shops and pharmacies sell fake...i'm not mentioning any shop names here....Ciao


  

15 comments:

  1. Wow!!!! This is great stuff welldone Eky for starting this. I love St Ives body wash now I know what to buy Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!this is a great stuff. Welldone Eky. I love St Ives too .Now I know what am buying

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i'm stunned! would never have guessed... thanks shaa and congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! i'm stunned! never would have guessed thanks shaa and congrats on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow really nice concept...*thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the infor. Now i can get ready for my big day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.....is it what I'm thinking.....Congrats!!!

      Delete
  7. Nice concept , congrats .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woow Eky,thanks dear dis is an eye opener 4me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kip it up girl,ve always been proud of u

    ReplyDelete