Tuesday 14 January 2014

How to lighten/bleach safely

The stages of skin lightening

With the high rate of Counterfeit Lightening Products around that might cause more harm than good, I feel the need to share my experience with those who are curious about skin lightening. As Africans we are prone to hyperpigmentation, stubborn acne scars, dark butt, inner thigh, underarms, bikini area and uneven skin tone...so the urge to lighten must have come up on a lot of people's mind.

I will advice though, never to go more than two shades lighter....I'm sure you can figure that out using your powder or foundation....let's do things the safe way.
 
There are different stages in skin lightening and they are:
  • Exfoliation
  • Lightening
  • Moisturising
  • Skin building
  • Protection
Exfoliation is the first step ....more like prepping your skin for penetration of the lightening products...you will need a good exfoliation soap/wash, bath mitts/bath gloves, dead sea salt and peels that contain glycolic acid or lactic acid....do this three times a week or twice if you have sensitive skin.
 
Lightening....without proper exfoliation for at least 4 weeks, this wouldn't work....I recommend herbal and natural lightening products that contain licorice, mulberry extract, kojic acid, aurbutin, niacinamide, etc....please do not use anything that contains hydroquinone, mecury and steroids, no matter how small...this will damage your skin.
 
Moisturising is very very important coz of the exfoliation and lightening products, your skin will be dry, so you need to moisturise with key ingredients ranging from oils like emu, argan, vit. e, shea butter, cocoa butter etc....Eucerin and Kiehl lotion are examples.
 
Skin building is incorporating vital nutrients your skin needs by eating right.....vegetables, fruits and lots of water...like the saying goes...''you are what you eat'' also exercising and taking skin supplements....e.g. vit c, e, etc.
 
Protection is the final and most important part of this whole process... I cannot stress it enough...protection, protection, protection, if not you'll be back to square one or worse....whatever the weather....sun, rain...plssss use your sunscreen, even when you don't lighten....I know it's hard sometimes with no light and the heat, but there are products now that are very light and absorb really fast into the skin....look out for ingredients like zinc oxide or titanium oxide...and always use spf 30 and above.
 
I know some people will condemn all of this lightening stuff....but really look at it this way...we have always had it, we will always have it, instead of condemning why not show them a safer way to do it....and I do not believe in taking intravenous injections to lighten up....Remember to double check so you don't buy fake...Happy lightening people ....Ciao

11 comments:

  1. Nice one, I hav been tring to lighten by skin since but I havnt find the product to use.I will try.I love ur blog keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Dis is such Ą̸̸̸ breath of fresh air! Toning aint wrong, afterall Ʊ don't share ur skin with anybody,and if toning will make Ʊ look good y not?but if Ʊ must,do it right!thank Ʊ product junki muah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eky, I don't want to bleach oooo! If toning means I can have even skin tone, then bring it on lol.
    Great job sis, looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info..nice one, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Junkieee! U and I knw dat av been tryin 2 lighten up bt truth dis after waitin 4 ages 2 see results, I get annoyed and dump d cream #smdh# I'll hv 2 do d step u listed cos I knw av been mixin d whole thing up. Thanks 4 dis one chicken head

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need cream o product junkii, where can I get the one that works

    ReplyDelete
  8. I luv your blog,pls tell them jare,we will always have people that want to lighten up because our weather makes us look darker than we're supposed to be,it's not bleaching oh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally a diff beauty blog,kudos

    ReplyDelete